As a caregiver, the daily routine of caring for a loved one with extended care needs or even Alzheimer’s can be a full-time job and can bring stress to daily life. As a senior, the day-to-day tasks of meal preparation, cleaning, and transportation can become rather daunting. Did you know that short-term respite or respite rehab stays at Danbury can help? As a caretaker it can be difficult to find time for your own physical and emotional needs; however, your wellbeing is just as important as your loved ones.
Here are a few ways in which a short-term respite stay at Danbury can benefit both seniors and their caregivers:
- Increases socialization opportunities for seniors beyond their family.
- Encourages seniors to stay active physically and mentally.
- Provides an emotional and physical break for the caregiver to take care of themselves and find time for activities to reduce stress.
- Creates an extended support system for the caregiver and ultimately provides peace of mind that their loved one will be taken care of when or if they need to be away for a short time.
- The senior wants to evaluate a community to see if it's a good fit before making the decision to permanently move in.
- The caregiver needs a break or must travel but does not feel comfortable leaving their loved one alone.
- The senior has extended care needs and would benefit from in-house physical therapy, medication management, and healthy meal choices.
Danbury Senior Living offers respite care for days, weeks, or months. Respite suites are well-appointed and furnished, and we provide the same amenities and activities to an individual as if they were living at the community full time - most importantly including care options like Physical Therapy. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a tour of one of our Danbury Communities!